VP, Corporate Development
The VP, Corporate Development will function as the gatekeeper and oversee the execution of strategic vision, partnerships and capitalization efforts. From defining and executing sales strategies to envisioning breakthrough products or services, you could join a team chartered with bringing the next major innovative tech product or partnership to market.
The VP, Corporate Business Development will report to the Founder/CEO and liaise closely with cross-function teams to perform the following responsibilities:
- Capitalization – including investor identification, negotiations, deal structure, deal closure and have a deep understanding of equity/debt structures, convertible notes, cap tables, and other financing instruments
- M&A and deal discussions – including target identification, synergy analysis, KPI definition, due diligence, deal structure, deal closure, and integration
- Exit strategy – Liaise with outside advisors, investment bankers, and strategic partners to evaluate exit options
- Co-lead sales forecasting efforts with sales and finance on rationalizing revenue flow, business models, and monetization strategies
- Lead strategic partnership discussions on defining synergies, joint go-to-market strategies, and business model development
- Develop sales and marketing collateral by clearly articulating company vision and strategy
- Develop analytic frameworks, perform research, analysis and make recommendations to support the organization’s business initiatives
- Be able to understand complex technical and business ideas and clearly articulate the story through white papers or PowerPoint presentations on a short turnaround
- Utilize business acumen and expertise to assist the executive team in evaluating and qualifying business opportunities
- Champion solutions through the development process to meet budget and timeline requirements
- Perform sophisticated market research for the purpose of generating quantitative/qualitative analysis to support the evaluation of corporate strategies
- Work with cross-functional teams from engineering, finance, supply chain for various strategic initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree from leading college or university. MBA and investment banking / consulting experience a plus.
- 10-15 years of experience in business development, corporate development, consulting or similar functions.
- Must be comfortable executing MOUs, SOWs, and other partnership agreements.
- Expert in excel on business modeling, DCF analysis, and comfortable presenting business case to management and Board of Directors.
- Advanced experience using PowerPoint/Keynote for presentations.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills with strong attention to detail.
- Agility in workflow and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment to meet short deadlines.
- Effective and developed organization skills.
- Willingness to take on a variety of roles.
- Ability to work in a team (take instruction and also lead).
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable research and data analysis skills
- Developed written skills with experience in producing cohesive presentations, research or business plans, and general creative writing
- Knowledge of wireless/wireline operator and telematics space a strong plus
How To Apply
Interested in the job above? Please apply via our job posting on LinkedIn, here