Senior Software Engineer (Java)
We are looking for a Senior Level Java Developer with extensive experience building service-based architectures and platforms using Java on embedded systems. This senior software engineer will have experience building Java apps communicating with devices and UI clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work through all phases of software development – design, implementation, and deployment
- Develop Java software modules
- Technical design and development of new features
- Produce clean, unit-tested, and refactored code
- Load testing and code optimization
- Maintain and improve company software development practices and standards
- Perform code reviews
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior engineers
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of Core Java development experience
- Deep understanding of data structures and analysis of algorithms complexity. Big O notation. Scalability and efficiency must always be the candidate’s concern.
- Experience with multi threaded architectures, thread management, latency and throughput optimization
- Experience building highly embedded java apps and working with embedded JVMs.
- Experience with the following technologies: XMPP and HTTP protocols, JSON and XML parsing and serialization, Maven and ANT, Linux shell scripting
You gain a competitive advantage if you have experience with the following:
- C/ C++ language
- Enterprise technologies – Servlets, Web services, Spring, SQL and no SQL databases
- SaaS-based application development and implementation
As you will be in a globally diverse team, it is important to possess effective communication and interpersonal skills. Good organizational, analytical and creative problem-solving skills are critical too.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.