Human Resources Director
We are looking for a competent Human Resources Director to support our small global tech company in Irvine, CA.
As an integral part of the executive leadership team, the HR Director will be responsible for all people-based activity within the organization from both an operational and strategic perspective. The HR Director will plan, direct, and manage all human resource initiatives, such as recruitment, compensation, benefits, training and employee relations of the organization.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; processing payroll; benefit administration; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; reviewing and recommending systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Human Resources Generalist/Management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to implement change initiatives and communicate on a one-to-one basis and group setting to persuade others to accept or adopt a specific opinion.
- Ability to perform and advise on planning, assignment, training, direction, and motivation of employees with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to lead and advise on employee interviews, hires, and appraisals.
- Ability to organize department objectives.
- Proven experience with problem-solving, decision-making, and multi-tasking to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees in a professional and timely manner.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google.
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
How to apply
Interested in the job above? Please apply via our job posting on LinkedIn, here.