Be a major player in Greenwave Systems on our cutting-edge of semantic technology.
Greenwave Systems gives you the opportunity to showcase your passion & technology expertise to strive to continually improve every aspect of the company and use cutting edge technologies and processes to delight our customers and rapidly increase revenues.
Work with the latest (NoSQL, Relational) database technologies: Cassandra, Solr, MapReduce, elastic search, Spark, Hadoop etc. Our database has over 10 billion records extracted from devices creating a consistent methodology for monitoring component operational metrics; status and or levels.
Solve interesting and challenging problems alongside a great team of engineers. Develop new skills as you push your knowledge and our technology – to new levels.
At Greenwave Systems, we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. If you are a take charge, take initiative, get stuff done individual we want to talk to you!
- Provide MYSQL & Cassandra Administration support which includes infrastructure setup, software installation, configuration, upgrading/patching, monitoring, trouble shooting, maintenance, and working with development team to install components (Solr, Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Provide support to various teams regarding DB/query tuning and performance, data modeling, schema design and review
- Performing capacity monitoring in collaboration with development resources, system administrators and developers
- Maintaining security according to best practices and generating security solutions that balance auditor requirements with customer’s requirements
- Has initiative to abreast of the most current release of MYSQL, Cassandra including compatibility issues with operating systems, new functionalities and utilities
- Assist in Capacity Planning and Security Implementation
- Strong Linux system administrator skills
- Be able to read java code, and basic coding/scripting ability in Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP will be a PLUS
The following are must haves:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a MySQL DBA in high impact transactional environment including creating Stored Procedures, Functions, and Triggers
- Minimum of 1 year of NOSQL database administration experience with strong preference on Cassandra
- Minimum of 2 years of UNIX experience including Shell scripting
- Minimum of 2 years in progressively responsible technical, data-focused roles
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good proficiency in English
The following skills are highly desirable:
- Databases (MySQL, Cassandra (good to have))
- Database replication and scaling issues
- Strong skills in SQL (Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers), Unix Shell, tuning and debugging
- Resolving database performance issues (blocks, deadlocks, connectivity)
- Troubleshooting server related I/O, CPU, Memory, Disk performance issues
- Ability to look at lots of data to see patterns, draw conclusions and take actions
- Experienced with Linux system monitoring and analysis
- Programming, preferably in different programming/scripting languages such as bash, SQL, Python, Java, etc
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technology
- Exposure to Virtualization
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
How to apply
Interested in the job above? Please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.