Greenwave Systems is seeking an experienced Accounting Supervisor to help ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating and entering transactions. The Accounting Supervisor will report to the Corporate Controller and play an important role in the growth of the Finance Department. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-paced global technology company with over 100 full-time employees in three countries.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist with the daily operations of the Finance Department, including the month-end close
- Maintain financial records by analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts
- Review and prepare entries of data to various ledgers, registers, journals and logs following established accounting techniques and procedures
- Manage the accounting for revenues, including deferred revenue and percentage of completion, payroll, term & convertible debt, and intercompany registers.
- Review the entries and reconciliations prepared by the Senior Accountant in areas including fixed assets, prepaid expenses, and month end accruals.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly filings as necessitated by various tax and financial institutions
- Maintain the monthly consolidation schedule and all supporting reports
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Perform duties diligently by applying GAAP and maintaining a mindset of utilizing best practices
Desired Skills and Experience
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, as well as working with an ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics Navision is preferred, but not required)
- Experience working with multinational companies, including intercompany transactions and foreign currencies
- Experience in the technology/software industry preferred
- Strong technical accounting skill set, attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong desire to support team goals and solid communication skills, valuing high performance behaviors of listening, learning, and articulating well verbally and in writing
- Has a proven record of working on a variety of projects in addition to core responsibilities, capable of multi-tasking, and able to change priorities to adjust as needed
- Self-starter and takes initiative to solve problems, ability to work independently
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in public accounting and/or private industry
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or economics from an accredited institution is required
- CPA is preferred
How to apply
Interested in the job above? Please apply via our job posting on LinkedIn, here.