Greenwave Systems Expands Management Team,
Adds New Offices to Support Growth and Global Expansion
— Attracts Chief Revenue Officer, Chief Scientist and Chief Design Officer —
— Opens New Offices in Silicon Valley and South Korea —
IRVINE, Calif. – August 20, 2014 – Greenwave Systems, the leading Internet of Things (IoT) software and services platform provider, today announced key management and organizational changes that will further accelerate the company’s growth and global expansion. Following a 400% increase in revenues, and a 65% increase in headcount during the past 12 months, the company is taking steps to be well positioned for its next phase of explosive growth.
“It has been a phenomenal year for Greenwave,” said Martin Manniche, Chairman and CEO of Greenwave Systems. “We have grown to over 200 employees worldwide and now have a portfolio of award-winning products that are powering our current customers and driving new customer and partner opportunities with companies like IBM, DIRECTV, E.ON, TCP, NXP, DONG Energy and many more. Our Greenwave360° business model has been widely accepted across the service provider, consumer electronics and utility industries with large-scale deployments, and we are poised for future expansion. Our focus as a company is not just to be strong in some regions of the world, but to become the global leader.”
To help achieve this goal, Greenwave has made the following additions to its executive management team:
- Christos Lagomichos has joined Greenwave as Chief Revenue Officer, responsible for leading the worldwide sales team, driving the revenue strategy and supporting the business development function. The former CEO of Audyssey Laboratories, Lagomichos has accumulated over 20 years of senior executive experience driving revenue growth and managing large global accounts for companies such as Trident Microsystems, NXP Semiconductors and STMicroelectronics.
- Jim Hunter has assumed the role of Chief Scientist and Technology Evangelist, a newly formed executive position. Hunter is a highly regarded visionary and connected home technologist having created and evangelized multiple technologies that played a major role in driving forward the smart, simple connected home. Most recently, he was a Motorola Fellow of the Technical Staff, and founder and CTO of 4Home, which was acquired by Motorola in 2010.
- Eskild Hansen has joined the CMO organization as Greenwave’s Chief Design Officer. He is internationally recognized for his design work, which has been featured in a wide range of global media publications. He has led design teams for both KiSS Technology and Cisco’s European Design Center. Eskild has worldwide experience supporting iconic brands such as Philips, Deutsche Telecom and Bang & Olufsen, and he will continue to lead his own design firm and staff.
In addition, the following key leadership changes will take place, effective immediately:
- Greenwave founder and chairman, Martin Manniche, will assume the role of CEO, setting the vision, strategy and technology roadmap for the company. Manniche will also continue to manage key strategic partnerships and lead the product incubation team.
- Executive vice president of technology, Leon Hounshell, has been promoted to CTO and will be responsible for leading product management and architecting all Greenwave products and services. Hounshell set the direction and led the development team responsible for the evolution of Greenwave’s software and services platform solution. Prior to joining Greenwave in 2013, he served as a general manager at Motorola Mobility and Chairman and CEO of 4Home, which he co-founded.
- Sharon Wang has been promoted to executive vice president of PMO and software engineering. In addition to her existing program management responsibilities, Wang will lead the embedded engineering team. Wang is a highly regarded engineering executive with a proven track record of building and leading top-performing teams at Belkin, Cisco and Cisco’s Linksys Division.
In support of its global expansion plans, the company is also pleased to report the opening of regional offices in the Silicon Valley and Seongnam-si, South Korea to grow the company’s operations and support key customers.
About Greenwave Systems
Greenwave Systems is a global Internet of Things (IoT) software and services company whose Greenwave360º scalable software platform solution enables category-leading brands to profitably deploy managed services. The company’s mission is to drive mass adoption of IoT by enabling leading brands to use technology in ways that foster deeper customer relationships. Learn more about Greenwave at www.greenwavesystems.com or follow us on Twitter at @GreenwaveSys.
+1 (408) 884-5161
For Europe and Asia:
Tel: +45 69132333